Tuesday 28 October 2008

turkish baths rule





So when in turkey, do what the turkish do and have a rub down i say.
We ventured out of town on a bus that was taken us in circles, literally.  We then get to these turkish baths, that we rather quickly found on google.  At this point we enter a huge empty building, more like a temple and a strange looking guy behind the counter informs us it is closed.  But for some reason they agree to open it.. at this point we should have been suspicious but no chrissie asks for the full treatment (I look at her and tell her she has lost all her points she has gained over the last few months, her face doesn't look so stoked).  We are then taken down to a the basement and asked to get into our bikini and come back up for our foam massage, anything with the word foam in it make me nervous.  We then wait in a hot steam room for anything to happen, not sure what to expect, 2 rather young hot turkish guys come in a get us to lie down next to each other on what I would call a hot plate, they then scrub us and give us a foam massage.  There are a couple of points when I am not sure that they are suppose to get that close but just remind myself that I am in turkey.  After this we are taken upstairs to row of massage beds.  We lie down and wait again.....2 rather old (typical turkish) men arrive and began to massage us with oils.  The lights are bright in this place and is not quite the same as Neals Yard on a sunday with whale music playing in the background.  There is a point when I want to tell him to stop massaging my breasts, they don't need a massage, its my shoulders that do... but I let him have his fun while I keep my eyes tightly closed.

That is my story, overall I gave Chrissie back her point for good karma and think it was actually my best thursday night in a good few months.

No comments: