Wednesday 5 November 2008

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to Coney i go





















So today i took one of many future trips to Coney island over the next few weeks. Last time i went to Coney it was under threat as always. By some magical turn we came across some darling contractors that let us walk around Coney and let us into the closed park to document some of its last breaths. It dawned on me that that excursion was a pretty special encounter and the access granted was priceless. 

Today i was lucky enough to come across Bobbie, another contractor with a kind face, he was super sweet in letting me into part of the Coney plot and even let me into their "the future of Coney" trailer to see the model for Coneys future over the next five years. Again the kindness of strangers is warming. I shot some sweet portraits of him on my medium format so it will take me some time to get them up. but he had a darling neck tattoo that said "made in Brooklyn" swoon! thug lovin at its prime.

So here are some photos from today, the more considered ones shot on my medium format (including large people looking out to sea, award winning corn on the cob, tree rows, dilapidated rides, home of the international hot dog eating contest,junkies and so on and so forth) will follow shortly.

No comments: